All relationships are based on communications, but you don’t just tell things to people, you also listen to them. You do this in your personal and social life, you must do it in your professional life as well. Many organisations are terrible listeners because they confuse the need to listen with the action of failing to take decisions or the perception of lack of leadership. Great leaders listen.
Your employees do a lot of your external communication, relationship building and reputation creation. And they are very, very credible. They are in essence similar to every other stakeholder and need to hear the same things and be heard in similar ways. If as CEO you want to create relationships with your employees (and you do or you wouldn’t be in this position!) then you should really communicate with them in the same vein as every other stakeholder. The tools may be different, but the values, themes, relationships and reputation effects are the same.
- RT @HealthSparx: This week a guest from #Australia! @jasonbereklewis joins me to chat about his #health #tech #blog @healthystartups 03:09:32 PM May 21, 2013
- RT @channelxoxo: #PRETAIL – why crowdfunding platforms are the new shopping malls & what that means for you http://t.co/0vTNNipNDW via … 08:39:14 PM May 08, 2013
- Challenging: thoughts? RT @advancewomen: Women have legitimate place at leadership table – they just fail to notice! http://t.co/MsBr7A4qJ8 01:56:34 PM May 03, 2013
- Toyota, Radical Management & Corporate Growing Pains 20. Oct, 2010
- Business perfection is futile 04. Oct, 2010
- Associations and Member based organisations – A new way? 01. Sep, 2010
- Integrity – a hallmark of leadership 01. Oct, 2010
- Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM 16. Jan, 2012
- The real meaning of growth 05. Apr, 2013
- Outsourcing and Offshoring in the Asian Century 29. Mar, 2013
- Plausible Deniability 101: lessons in avoiding accountability 23. Aug, 2012
- The Treatment of Doing Nothing 12. Aug, 2012
- The Value of Time Out 01. May, 2012
- Geoff Barbaro: Deb, thanks very much for the thoughts and for the...
- Deborah Hartmann Preuss: We used the Journey Line from Lyssa Adkin's book o...
- Mike Lyle: Well done Michelle. An excellent capture of where ...
- Randolph Gaufusi: I thank you for your post. It has the best rundown...
- golfingpackages uk: +1. Noted and Stumbled....
- Will social media transform business? « rmediasocialite on Associations and Member based organisations – A new way?
- Geoff Barbaro on Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM
- Deborah Hartmann Preuss on Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM
- Mike Lyle on The scourge of Australia
- Randolph Gaufusi on Fauxrealism