“The Leader’s Beacon serves as a terrific reference point for current and aspiring leaders wanting to better understand – and put into practice – what’s required to become an effective communicator in today’s competitive marketplace.” Trevor Young, Director of Strategy + Innovation, Edelman Australia
For the last few weeks, I have been working with some people helping them develop a better understanding of social media. Like many in management, consultancy and communication fields, I have been working on my own understanding for some time as this is a developing and changing field. Let’s start by saying Twitter is one [...]
A Brisbane woman, concerned for the welfare of her family, inspires a community movement #bakedrelief and demonstrates Exemplary Leadership in the model of Kouzes and Posner.
Our starting points should be respect for our fellow human beings, respect and trust in people rather than refusing to give them the basic rights that all people deserve. Respect and trust are things to be lost, not gained.
Twitter seems to accept that corporate growing pains are a natural part of corporate life, need to be recognised and addressed, and that they are a valuable part of corporate life. They have identified passion bleeders and success barriers and taken steps to remove them. Microsoft seems to be denying the existence of growing pains, instead looking at external forces (eg competitors, GFC). As a result, many are asking what Microsoft stands for and are looking much more closely at the values and products of others.
- RT @HealthSparx: This week a guest from #Australia! @jasonbereklewis joins me to chat about his #health #tech #blog @healthystartups 03:09:32 PM May 21, 2013
- RT @channelxoxo: #PRETAIL – why crowdfunding platforms are the new shopping malls & what that means for you http://t.co/0vTNNipNDW via … 08:39:14 PM May 08, 2013
- Challenging: thoughts? RT @advancewomen: Women have legitimate place at leadership table – they just fail to notice! http://t.co/MsBr7A4qJ8 01:56:34 PM May 03, 2013
- Toyota, Radical Management & Corporate Growing Pains 20. Oct, 2010
- Business perfection is futile 04. Oct, 2010
- Associations and Member based organisations – A new way? 01. Sep, 2010
- Integrity – a hallmark of leadership 01. Oct, 2010
- Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM 16. Jan, 2012
- The real meaning of growth 05. Apr, 2013
- Outsourcing and Offshoring in the Asian Century 29. Mar, 2013
- Plausible Deniability 101: lessons in avoiding accountability 23. Aug, 2012
- The Treatment of Doing Nothing 12. Aug, 2012
- The Value of Time Out 01. May, 2012
- Geoff Barbaro: Deb, thanks very much for the thoughts and for the...
- Deborah Hartmann Preuss: We used the Journey Line from Lyssa Adkin's book o...
- Mike Lyle: Well done Michelle. An excellent capture of where ...
- Randolph Gaufusi: I thank you for your post. It has the best rundown...
- golfingpackages uk: +1. Noted and Stumbled....
- Will social media transform business? « rmediasocialite on Associations and Member based organisations – A new way?
- Geoff Barbaro on Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM
- Deborah Hartmann Preuss on Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM
- Mike Lyle on The scourge of Australia
- Randolph Gaufusi on Fauxrealism