“The Leader’s Beacon serves as a terrific reference point for current and aspiring leaders wanting to better understand – and put into practice – what’s required to become an effective communicator in today’s competitive marketplace.” Trevor Young, Director of Strategy + Innovation, Edelman Australia
In these cases and many others, we are talking about companies with immense experience and excellent reputations. They are managed well and would have crisis and risk management plans. Yet in each case, the consequences exceeded anything they planned for.
We accept media stories at face value until they are challenged by someone “in the know” or who we have a relationship with. Once challenged, we tend to favour the new version of the story because we know that “media world” is a mythical place, not the community in which we live. Short term stories rarely do the damage we believe, and are usually made ineffective by a quick, straightforward response. The real impact is on those who are the focus of the story, not the broader community.
- RT @HealthSparx: This week a guest from #Australia! @jasonbereklewis joins me to chat about his #health #tech #blog @healthystartups 03:09:32 PM May 21, 2013
- RT @channelxoxo: #PRETAIL – why crowdfunding platforms are the new shopping malls & what that means for you http://t.co/0vTNNipNDW via … 08:39:14 PM May 08, 2013
- Challenging: thoughts? RT @advancewomen: Women have legitimate place at leadership table – they just fail to notice! http://t.co/MsBr7A4qJ8 01:56:34 PM May 03, 2013
- Toyota, Radical Management & Corporate Growing Pains 20. Oct, 2010
- Business perfection is futile 04. Oct, 2010
- Associations and Member based organisations – A new way? 01. Sep, 2010
- Integrity – a hallmark of leadership 01. Oct, 2010
- Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM 16. Jan, 2012
- The real meaning of growth 05. Apr, 2013
- Outsourcing and Offshoring in the Asian Century 29. Mar, 2013
- Plausible Deniability 101: lessons in avoiding accountability 23. Aug, 2012
- The Treatment of Doing Nothing 12. Aug, 2012
- The Value of Time Out 01. May, 2012
- Geoff Barbaro: Deb, thanks very much for the thoughts and for the...
- Deborah Hartmann Preuss: We used the Journey Line from Lyssa Adkin's book o...
- Mike Lyle: Well done Michelle. An excellent capture of where ...
- Randolph Gaufusi: I thank you for your post. It has the best rundown...
- golfingpackages uk: +1. Noted and Stumbled....
- Will social media transform business? « rmediasocialite on Associations and Member based organisations – A new way?
- Geoff Barbaro on Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM
- Deborah Hartmann Preuss on Introducing Radical Management to ACPSEM
- Mike Lyle on The scourge of Australia
- Randolph Gaufusi on Fauxrealism